The Chamber offers members numerous opportunities each year to make those invaluable business contacts that lead to new customers or clients and expanded sales. Business After Hours, membership breakfasts, forums, committees, round-tables and more have been designed by members for members to do business.
ABCCI activities in support to the business community between Albania and UK:
- Albania open for Business! A conference organized in London in cooperation with the London Chamber of commerce, December 2009
- Launching of English Speaking Union in Albania in Tirana September 2009, with guest of Honour the Albanian Prime Minister Prof Dr Sali Berisha, Lord Watson of Richmond CBE and British Ambassador in Albania ms. Fiona McIIwham.
- Continues regular meeting with the British Ambassador in Albania, discussing the Business Environment, Transparency and Support.
- Negotiating the signing of the Double Taxation Treaty between the two countries Albanian and UK, helping lowering unnecessary taxation as well as establishing a track proven record which helps in fighting fraud and money laundering Sep 2008 on going.
- Business Dinner supported by the British House of Lords Lobbing in the interest of trade and support by the respective Government Albanian and British 24th September 2008.
- Working sections with the British Companies on Business cooperation between the two countries, in London 24 September 2008.
Supported by the House of Commons of the British Parliament.
- ABCCI is proud to have lobbied and achieved the IPU visit from the British Parliament in Tirana, 21 to 26 October 2007, which confirmed that UK will support the Albania to become part of NATO, the Independence of KOSOVO and trade between the two countries.
- ABCCI successfully lobbed together with other Chambers of Commerce and Group of Interest on overthrowing the Government introduction of New Legislation on Tax Fines and Penalties through High Court 2007.
- Development of the Tourism and Agribusiness in Albania, organizing over 12 Trade Missions in UK and five in Albania from 2003-2007. the aim of the Trade missions was to inform the business communities about the opportunities available to them, about regulations and legal obligations and well as to increase their ability ( for the Albanian businesses) to influence with vital input the policy making process in Albania.
- Establishing good communication channel with Inland Revenue Office of Albania, on the interest of British companies. A set of Seminars and meeting with representatives from both sides from 2003-2006.
- Organizing and providing very low cost training in English and IT for student in Albania of the group age from 9 to 18 years of age as well their families up to 55 years old. Influencing in Capacity Building and poverty reduction 2003-2005. Project that later was implemented by the Government under the name of Internet for Schools.
- Formed a chain of tailored training seminars for the business community in general. Aiming at assisting the companies to understand and comply by government regulations, 2004-2005.